Indian Army (TES)
Indian Army invites applications for Technical Entry Scheme Course – TES, twice in a year for two entry session in January and July.
- For January Session application invites in May-June.
2. For July Session application invites in Oct-Nov.
Candidate must fulfil all eligibility criteria for final selection; Candidate will be disqualified from future attempts and cancellation from the present course if at any stage of selection, he is found to be indulging in any violation of presenting wrong or deceptive information.
Some important criteria such as Nationality, Age, Education qualification, marital status is given the subsequent sections:
A candidate must be unmarried male and must either be:
(i) A citizen of India, or
(ii) A subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) A subject of Nepal, or
(iv) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Govt of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be shortlisted provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Govt before declaration of result by SSB/joining training.
Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government.
A candidate must not be below 16½ years and above 19½ years on the first day of the month in which the course is due to commence.
For Technical Entry Scheme (TES) 43rd Course July 2020: the candidate should not be born before 02nd January 2001 and not after 01st January 2004 (both days inclusive).
Marital status: Unmarried
Candidate should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary School Examination or an equivalent certificate will be accepted. No other document relating to age will be accepted.
Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
What Is Indian Army 10+2 TES Entry Selection Criterion:
A candidate selection criterion is his/her marks obtained in 10+2, based on the application Cut off mark is set, this cut off mark will become the minimum score that is required by a candidate in 12th class to get shortlisted for TES entry SSB interview process.
What Is Indian Army 10+2 TES Entry Selection Procedure
- Short listed candidates will be called for SSB interview at Bhopal, Bangalore or Allahabad Feb/Mar onward.
- SSB interview is conducted for five days.
- Recommended candidates would undergo medical testing lasting 3 to 5 days.
- All merit in candidates will be appointed for training in the order of merit.
- Basic military training for 1 year at OTA Gaya (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
- 3 Years of technical training at CME Pune, MCTE Mhow and MCEME Secunderabad.
- Post commission training of 1 year at CME Pune, MCTE Mhow and MCEME Secunderabad.
Medical Examination and Physical Fitness Test:
Guidelines for Physical Standards:
Candidates must be Physically and Mentally fit according to prescribed physical standards. Medical fitness criteria given blow are as per existing guidelines as on date of current requirement, these are subject to revision.
Candidates are also advised to rectify minor defects/ailments in order to speed up finalization of medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB. List of a few of such commonly found defects/ailments are given below:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Under Sized Chest
Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand/Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis. Comdt Selection Centre will be competent auth for clearing such cases.
ivilian candidates appearing for all types of commission in the Armed Forces will be entitled to outpatients treatment from service sources at public expense for injuries sustained or diseases contracted during the course of their examination by the Selection Board. They will be entitled to in-Patient treatment at public expense in the Officer’s ward of a hospital provided-
The injury is sustained during the tests or, The disease is contracted during the course of the examination by selection board and there is no suitable accommodation in local civil hospital or it is impracticable to remove the patient to the civil hospital; or, The medical board requires the candidate’s admission for observation.
They are not entitled to special nursing.
- Medical Examination Board for selection of officers and pre-commissioning training academies are convened at designated Armed Forces Medical Services Hospitals near Service Selection Boards (SSBs). These Medical Boards are termed as ‘Special Medical Board’ (SMB). Candidates who clear SSB interview are referred to Armed Forces Medical Services Hospital with identification documents. Staff Surgeon of Hospital will identify the candidate, guide the candidate to fill the relevant portions of the AFMSF-2, organize investigations and examination by Medical, Surgical, Eye, ENT and Dental specialists. After examination by Specialists, the candidate is brought before Medical Board. Medical Board once satisfied with findings of Specialists will declare fitness of candidate.
- If any candidate is declared ‘Unfit’ by SMB, such candidates can request for ‘Appeal Medical Board’ (AMB). Detailed procedure for AMB will be provided by President SMB. Candidates who are unfit may apply for AMB to be completed within 42 days of SMB. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President AMB about procedure of challenging the findings of AMB. Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merit of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right.
- In case a review by the Review Medical Board is to be requested, it is required for the candidate to submit a personal application addressed to the DGAFMS, to be handed over to the President AMB within 24 hours (i.e latest by the next calendar day). The office of the DGAFMS will inform the date and place (Delhi and Pune only) where the candidate will appear for a RMB, if sanctioned by DGAFMS on merit of the case.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of Military duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or underweight. The Candidate should not be overweight or obese.
- The minimum acceptable height is 157 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable heights will be 5 cms, Less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms. Height and standards are given below:
- Candidates must be physically and mentally fit. No candidate will be admitted to the academy that has poor health in any manner.
- Height: Minimum standard height as per standard is 157.5cm (applicants who belong to the Northeastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon Himalayas, Gorkha community have relief of 5cm in Height measure).
- Chest Expansion: To check the lung capacity of the candidate the process of chest expansion is very crucial. A minimum of 5 cm after a full expiration is required.
- No mental breakdown: Candidates should be free from any past history of mental breakdown.
- Hearing Power: It is a must to have a great hearing power as one fit person should have. The applicant should be able to hear a force with each ear in a quote from a distance of 610cm.
- Mild Kyphosis: It is a rare condition in which a person faces a problem in normal muscle movement.
- Eye Sight: Candidates should have a clear vision in case of a little bit up and down, Myopia should not be more than 2.5D and Hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D.
- Teeth: Yes, teeth also play a role in physical standard .Candidates should have at least 14 dental points out of a total of 22 dental points.
Indian Army TES Application Process
- Step-I – Application will only be accepted online. To do so the Applicant needs to click on the ‘online application’ button on website joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Step-II – Applicants must enter their particulars in the online application. Terms and conditions linked to the form must be read, prior to submitting the form.
- Step-III – Applicant is permitted to make changes data-filled incorrectly in online applications till the closing of online applications. The Applicant must ‘submit’ his application each time he opens his application for editing.
- Step-IV – After successfully submitting the form the Applicant will receive a confirmation in the form of a dialog box of having submitted the application. Print out of the application with a Roll number will be available to be Applicant 30 minutes after the closing of online applications.
Indian Army TES 47 Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. When can I get my roll number needed for the selection procedure?
Ans 1. The candidates will be able to get their roll number after 30 minutes of filling and submitting the application form. The candidates can then take two print out of the form and sign it.
Q2. Is it necessary to provide the Aadhar details of the candidate in the registration form?
Ans 2. Yes, all the candidates need to provide their aadhar number while filling the registration form. The aadhar number will cross check the candidate’s registered name and age.
Q3. What should be the age limit of the candidates while applying for the form?
Ans 3. The age bracket in which a candidate should lie for filling the application form is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
Documents Required for Interview
Candidates have to bring their original documents. Candidates have to produce original documents soon after qualifying the SSB Interview. The documents will be returned after verification.
- 10+2 or Equivalent Examination Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Ten passport size photographs
- Call Letter
SSB Full Form: FAQs
Q1. How many Days does the SSB interview take ?
Ans. SSB interview is a five Days Long process .
Q2. Is SSB difficult ?
Ans. Yes, SSB is difficult if you don’t prepare properly ,But with right guidance and study material you can easily able to crack SSB
Q3. What is the Full form of SSB ?
Ans. SSB stands for service selection board